Friday, January 3, 2014

Mike Ekstrom - 2013-14 Perth Heat

Former MLB player Ekstrom joined the Perth Heat as an import for the 2013-14 ABL season. Ekstrom pitched in 51 MLB games with three different teams (San Diego Padres, Tampa Bay Rays and Colorado Rockies) between 2008 and 2012. In 2013 he had stints with the AAA teams for both the Oakland Athletics (Sacramento River Cats) and the Los Angeles Angels (Salt Lake Bees). His signing with the Heat continued their tradition of signing ex-MLB pitchers.

I have two images for Ekstrom. The game I was shooting of his was my first outing with my new camera, and I messed up a few settings here and there. I like the post-pitch shot but it's not as crisp as I'd like. In contrast, I love the shot of him warming up, but it's a pity about the fence in the background being so prominent.

2013-14 Perth Heat Mike Ekstrom card front - © 2013 Adam East

2013-14 Perth Heat Mike Ekstrom alternate card front - © 2013 Adam East

No comments:

Post a Comment