Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Inaugural COMC Motherload - Part 8 - Liam Hendriks

This is the eighth and final part of my attempt to document my initial large load of cards ordered from COMC. This batch features cards of a single player - Liam Hendriks. I have a love-hate relationship with Hendriks.

Why I love Hendriks:

  • He comes from my home town of Perth
  • He's an Aussie who has had a number of Major League Baseball call ups
  • Lots of baseball cards have been made of him
Why I hate Hendriks:
  • He continually chokes when he's called up the big leagues. He keeps getting second chances, but he just can't seem to replicate his minor success at MLB level :(
For the record, my Inaugural COMC Motherload lot included 26 different Liam Hendriks cards. I'm not going to put them all up individually, but here's a group shot.

26 different Liam Hendriks cards as a part of my inaugural COMC shipment


There are four possibles for Card of the Buy™ in this lot, which should be pictured below, but in the end I've chosen the 2012 Topps Golden Moments Autograph card as my favourite of these 26 cards.

Liam Hendriks 2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects BCP183B

Liam Hendriks  2012 Bowman Chrome Purple Refractors 39  #d/199

Liam Hendriks 2012 Finest Orange Refractors 77  #d/99

Liam Hendriks 2012 Topps Golden Moments Autographs GMA-LH

Now that the large initial COMC load has been documented, there are a couple of small follow up lots from Ebay and trades  I've received that I'll document as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment