Friday, July 20, 2012

Nick Kimpton - 2010-11 Canberra Cavalry

Back in January 2010, I took a trip back home to Perth, and took the opportunity to catch a couple of Claxton Shield games. After the game, I got chatting to one of the Perth Heat players, commenting about how I appreciated getting to see the Heat play as "I was a Perth boy trapped in Canberra". The player joked back that he was the opposite, a Canberra boy trapped in Perth.

That player was Nick Kimpton, and he did manage to come home to Canberra for the inaugural ABL season where he played with the Canberra Cavalry. I really like the photo of Nick I managed to get here - I usually have a lot of difficulty getting a decent shot of any runners at second base, but this one turned out quite well I thought.

2010-11 Canberra Cavalry Nick Kimpton card front - © 2011 Adam East

No comments:

Post a Comment