Friday, March 31, 2017

How to Handle the Missing 2016-17 Perth Heat?

I commented previously about how I wouldn't get the opportunity to get shots of the Perth Heat during the 2016-17 ABL season - that I was travelling interstate through the season and my travels wouldn't line up to be near when they were playing. Being a bit of a completist this of course has bugged me no end.

Originally I thought I'd just have to "suck it up" and only have cards for the other 5 teams for 2016-17, however I realised that there was a possible solution. I have a number of my unused shots from the 2015-16 ABL season of Perth Heat players that I could use for their 2016-17 cards. Unfortunately, the uniform is a little bit different between the two seasons - the Heat logo on the chest was smaller in the 2016-17 season uniform compared to the 2015-16 uniform and there were some other minor variations, however they were otherwise fairly close. If I didn't care about the uniform at all, there were additional unused shots I could have used from earlier years as well.

Here's a shot of the 2016-17 uniform from off the web.


However, despite the uniform issues, I've decided to use some of my unused 2015-16 season photos to produce my Perth Heat 2016-17 season designs. Obviously, I'm limited to those players who appeared in both seasons, but I should at least be able to get some Perth Heat 2016-17 card designs for the returning local players.


No comments:

Post a Comment