Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Sung-Gu Han (한성구) - 2018-19 Geelong-Korea

Merry Christmas for 2018! I only managed to get to my first ABL game of the 2018-19 ABL season last Thursday, the opening game of the series between the Canberra Cavalry and the new Geelong-Korea expansion team. Because of a lot of overseas and interstate traveling I hadn't done any concept designs for my 2018-19 cards yet. So. I was in the position where I had some 2018-19 photos but no design templates to put them into.

I started mucking around with some concepts over the weekend and after several iterations came up with the following. The vector used in the card design was designed by Jasim Jawahir from Pngtree. There's probably some more tweaking to be done in the design - I may try and work in the player number and position into the design, and may look at changing the font and spacing, but it'll probably just be small changes. Also unsure as to whether I'll keep the hangul in the design or not for the Korean players.

The player featured is Sung-Gu Han (한성구), who, like all of the 2018-19 Geelong-Korea players, is Korean (I'm going to assume South Korean :) ). Han spent a season in the KBO, playing with the Kia Tigers in 2012.

2018-19 Geelong-Korea Sung-Gu Han card front - ©2018 Adam East

No comments:

Post a Comment