Friday, July 26, 2013

Hitting Moylan's Sweet Spot

I made a recent purchase from fellow collector Beckster - a 2006 Sweet Spot Update Rookie Signatures card of Australian MLB pitcher Peter Moylan. The card features Moylan's signature in Blue Ink on a Bat Barrel. It's a fairly rare card - serial numbered to 10, so it's  nice acquisition to my personal collection.  It's always good to get a hold of an extremely rare card of an Aussie player.


Peter Moylan 2006 Sweet Spot Update Rookie Signatures Bat Barrel Blue Ink 183 #d/10

Card back for the above Peter Moylan 2006 Sweet Spot card

On the downside, one of the corners is rather dinged, but with such a small production run, it's something I'll have to live with. The bat barrel is very thick too, meaning that the card is very thick in width - a quick comparison shows it to be about the same thickness as about 8-9 normal cards. How exactly do I display or store this card? Hmmm. Thinking cap will have to go on. Still, I don't want you to think I'm unhappy with this card. It's a nice card, and thanks to Beckster for the opportunity to acquire it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment