- An Introduction to the ABL
- Which ABL Team Should I Follow? - Adelaide Bite
- Which ABL Team Should I Follow? - Brisbane Bandits
The Canberra CavalryUniform Design / Colour Scheme: Orange Black and White, with Orange being the dominant colour.
Mascot/Logo: Sarge (a mustached soldier wearing an Australian infantry slouch hat)
Home City Characteristics: Canberra is Australia's capital city, residing within the Australian Capital Territory. (Compare it to Washington DC as the capital in it's own non-state area). It is a planned city that was founded in 1913. Canberra's current population is approximately 380,000 people, making it the smallest city with an ABL team. (All other cities hosting ABL teams have at least a million people). Canberra is a transient city, with the city only really existing to support the machinations of the Australian Federal Government. It is also the distribution hub of Australia's pornography industry, so Canberra has a reputation of being a city of Politicians, Public Servants and Pornography.
End of Regular Season Standings:
- 2010-11: 6th (12-24)
- 2011-12: 6th (20-25)
- 2012-13: 1st (27-19)
- 2010-11: Did not play in postseason
- 2011-12: Did not play in postseason
- 2012-13: Won the 2013 ABL Championship Series
2012-13 Had Australian Players affiliated with: Atlanta Braves, Colorado Rockies, San Diego Padres
Past Players You Might Know:
- Did Gregorius - Dutch shortstop who made his MLB debut with the Reds in Sep 2012, before being traded to the Diamondbacks, and becoming a regular fixture in their team during 2013. Gregorius played with the Cavalry during the 2010-11 ABL season.
|2010-11 Canberra Cavalry Didi Gregorius|
- Donald Lutz. German raised Lutz made his MLB debut with the Cincinnati Reds in Apr 2013 and has played in 34 games so far this season. He also played with the Cavalry during the 2010-11 ABL season.
- Rinku Singh. Before transferring to the Adelaide Bite for the 2011-12 and 2012-13 ABL seasons, Indian reality TV winner Singh was also a member of the Cavalry in 2010-11.
Reasons to follow this team:
- If you like horses
- If you're a fan of the military
- If you're from a small town trying to match it with the big cities
- If you're American. (The Cavalry's high import quota means they were derogatarily referred to by some as "Team USA' during their championship winning season in 2012-13.)
- If you're from any other country. Besides the USA, the Cavalry have also fielded players from Canada, the Netherlands, Germany, India, Japan, Puerto Rico (yeah, I know, technically part of the USA) and South Korea.
- If you like the colour orange
- If you're a fan of the Hanshin Tigers (who have sent players to the Cavalry during the 2011-12 and 2012-13 ABL seasons).
- If you're a fan of Cinderella Stories. (Went from last place the previous two seasons to Championship team in 2012-13 ABL season.)
- If you're a fan of the Kansas City T-Bones. (A number of Cavalry players have been team mates at the T-Bones.)
- If you follow the Toronto Blue Jays.