The Brisbane BanditsUniform Design / Colour Scheme: Black, Maroon and Gold, with Black being the dominant colour.
Mascot/Logo: Buster the Bandit
Home City Characteristics: Brisbane has a population of 2.2 million people, making it Australia's third largest city. It is the northernmost of the large Australian cities, which means it's also a warmer climate (remember Southern Hemisphere folks). It is sometimes jokingly referred to as BrisVegas by some Australians, with many of Australia's theme parks in the neighbouring Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast regions of South East Queensland, and a party reputation. The city was flooded out by massive inland runoff from dissipating cyclones several years ago.The state of Queensland of which Brisbane is the capital city has a undeserved reputation for having a large proportion of Australia's equivalent to American rednecks, although admittedly there is sometimes an air of disdain by Queenslanders towards the "southern states".
End of Regular Season Standings:
- 2010-11: 5th (14-22)
- 2011-12: 5th (20-25)
- 2012-13: 4th (23-22)
- 2010-11: Did not play in postseason
- 2011-12: Did not play in postseason
- 2012-13: Did not play in postseason
2012-13 had Australian Players affiliated with: Chicago Cubs, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, Minnesota Twins, Philadelphia Phillies
Past Players You Might Know:
- Cody Clark, American catcher who recently made his MLB debut with the Houston Astros, played for the Bandits during the 2012-13 ABL season.
|2012-13 Brisbane Bandits Cody Clark card front © 2013 Adam East|
- Phil Stockman, Australian reliever who pitched in 10 games for the Atlanta Braves between 2006 and 2008. Stockman played for the Bandits in the inaugural ABL season back in 2010-11.
|2010-11 Brisbane Badnits Phil Stockman card front - © 2011|
Reasons to follow this team:
- If you were a fan of former MLB All Star player Dave Nilsson of the Milwaukee Brewers. His nephew Mitch has played for the Bandits, whilst David himself was the manager of the Bandits in the inaugural ABL season.
- If you're into cowboys or westerns.
- If you're a fan of the Fukuoka Softbank Hawks in the NPB. They sent players to the Bandits in 2011-12 season.
- If you're from Miami or an equivalent warm, retirement destination from other countries.
- If you're from a city that has ever been flooded.
- If you're a fan of the Kansas City Royals or Texas Rangers.
- If you jokingly call yourself a redneck (or local equivalent).
- If you don't like those from the south
- If you're from a party town.
- If you're a long suffering fan. (Bandits are the only team yet to make a postseason appearance in the ABL)