Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Aaron Bonomi - "Metal" Concept Card

I'm currently playing around with designs for my set of ABL cards for the upcoming 2013-14 season. One idea I'm playing with is using a "metal" background for the card designs. I was thinking of a fine mesh originally but came across this metal image and thought I'd give it a try. The design is very rough - just trying out ideas in Photoshop. The card features a photo of Aaron Bonomi I took during the 2012-13 ABL season that I used for his card that season.

The metal colouring fits in well with the away uniform but the holes in the metal background make the text too hard to read I think. I also tried the design on a Brisbane Bandits player, and the holes were definitely too much of a distraction for the text and logo in the Bandits colour scheme, so this is a definite no in the end. I might try and find some better metal backgrounds though that might be suitable.

Aaron Bonomi "Metal" Concept card - © 2013 Adam East

1 comment: