Monday, July 7, 2014

Matt Dixon - 2013-14 Perth Heat

Perth youngster Dixon returned for his second active season with the Heat during the 2013-14 ABL season. He and I had a bit of a chat before one of the games. He'd ended up using my 2012-13 card design for him as a profile picture on Facebook.

I couldn't decide on which card shot to use for him. Despite getting a number of shots of him, I wasn't overly happy with any of them. He filled in during a game as catcher and I managed to get an action shot of him trapping a dirt ball. I liked the shot but don't think the cropping for the card captures it very well, and you can't tell it's him under all the protective gear. The alternative image is a shot of Dixon and Matt Kennelly with their arms around each other Again, I liked the shot, but for a card, unless you know that Dixon is the short one, you don't know which player is the focus of the card.


2013-14 Perth Heat Matt Dixon card front - © 2014 Adam East

2013-14 Perth Heat Matt Dixon alternate card front - © 2014 Adam East

No comments:

Post a Comment